ANTHROPOLOGY OF TOURISM INTEREST GROUP (ATIG)
CALL FOR SELF-NOMINATIONS: ATIG COMMUNICATIONS CHAIR
Term: March 1, 2017 through December 2020
Members of the Anthropology of Tourism Interest Group (via AAA membership) are invited to submit self-nominations for the office of Communications Chair. The position is to be filled immediately, upon election by the membership.
The Communications Chair is responsible for managing ATIG’s website (www.atig.americananthro.org), Facebook group, and listserv. Duties are fairly continuous throughout the year, including the summer. The Communications Chair plays a vital role in the organization by disseminating information to the ATIG membership and maintaining communication with the AAA. Routine duties include:
- Moderating the ATIG listserv
- Managing the Facebook group and Twitter account
- Updating the ATIG website as needed and working with ATIG members who are developing original content related to the anthropology of tourism
Interested parties should have strong communication skills and enjoy sharing information across social media. Basic web skills and a familiarity with WordPress will be very helpful, as will prior experience of any kind with publicity/outreach. Advanced graduate students are welcome.
To self-nominate, please email ATIG Convener Michael Di Giovine (email@example.com):
- Short letter of interest—including a statement of the candidate’s relevant background, interests, familiarity with the anthropology of tourism, web skills, and any other experience with publicity/outreach
- A current CV
- Complete contact information
Candidates will be reviewed by the ATIG Board, which will then put a slate of nominees to the full membership for a vote.
The position will begin on March 1, 2018.
Deadline for Nominations:
January 15, 2017